Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why we enjoy reading


For some people reading is very enjoyable and fun. For others, it is pure torture and makes them grind their teeth. I think that choosing a book that you are interested in is the key to enjoyable reading. I personally hate reading a book that i hold no interest in and feel that this is a complete waste of time. When reading one of these unfavorable books, i notice how i sit and read while my mind wanders elsewhere, so i could read an entire page and not know what just happened.

I am not what I would call an avid reader, but occasionally enjoy reading a book outside of school. For me this is an opportunity to relax, escape into the book, and pass time while feeling as if I am being productive. I also believe that reading enhances ones imagination and improves their vocabulary and grammer skills. I highly recommend reading books to everybody. Just find what you are interested in and you will be very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment