Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Personal Thoughts

After reading the story A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings, I began to think about my own personal values and beliefs. This thinking was sparked by what i believe was the mans determination and will to survive. I think that this "angel" who was an old, dirty, decrepid creature really had a ton of hope to survive his ordeals. His lonesome body just layed around in a chicken coop. This made me realize the importance of hope and how I value it. Hope is what makes one hold on and wait for something to happen. This is how I view it. This feeling enables one to how a level of patience that is required to make it through a tough time.

Another topic that i can relate to from this story is the value of caring for others and doing good deeds. This can be associated with religion as well. I feel that everybody should do nice things for people when they need help. I feel that as a species we should focus on helping each other rather than hurting one another. This angel helped the family out by making them transform from poor people to wealthy people. If Pelayo and Elisenda did not respect the old man, none of this would have been given to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment